PRSA HAWAII ANNOUNCES 2023 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Hawaii Chapter today announced its 2023 board of directors elected to serve a one-year term. The board represents a diverse cross-section of communications professionals from multiple sectors who will lead the organization’s initiatives to elevate the public relations field in Hawaii and provide career advancement opportunities for local practitioners.
PRSA Hawaii’s 2023 Board of Directors are:
- President: Liane Hu Okumura, APR (Vice President, Communications & Public Relations at Olomana Loomis ISC)
- Immediate Past President: Samantha Tsui (Marketing Manager at Nordic PCL Construction)
- Secretary: Maribell Pabalan, APR (Senior Account Executive at Anthology Marketing Group)
- Treasurer: Luther Beck (most recently the Director of Finance at United Public Workers/AFSCME Local 646, AFL-CIO)
- Assembly Delegate & Western District Delegate (2020-2023): Jennifer Armstrong, APR (Owner & Chief Communicator at StrongArm Communications, LLC)
- Communications Chair: Crystal Yamasaki (Owner at Crystal Clear Communications)
- Digital Communications Chair: Chantel Ikehara (Account Manager at Crystal Clear Communications)
- Education Chair & Student Chapter Liaison: Amy Hennessey, APR (Hawaii Lead, Strategic Communications & Policy at The Omidyar Group)
- Ethics Chair: Jaclyn Hawse (Director of Communications & Business Development at USS Missouri Memorial Association)
- Membership Chair: Huy Vo (Director of Marketing Communications at The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach)
- New Professionals Co-Chair: Suzie Park (Assistant Account Executive at Anthology Marketing Group)
- New Professionals Co-Chair: Laura Young (Assistant Account Executive at Becker Communications)
- Website Co-Chair: Keith DeMello (Senior Vice President, Communications and External Affairs at Ulupono Initiative)
- Website Co-Chair: Alty Falvey (Senior Account Executive at Anthology Marketing Group)
“In today’s highly digital and socially conscious society, public relations expertise to build win-win relationships between brands and stakeholders matters more than ever,” said Okumura. “As we kick off our programming for 2023, the PRSA Hawaii board is seeking to innovate and enhance the ways that we serve our community of local practitioners. Whether you’re a media relations specialist or an integrated professional who does marketing and content creation as well as PR, we plan to provide opportunities to connect with colleagues, level up your career and advance the craft of communications in our state.”
PRSA, a professional development organization committed to advancing the standards of the public relations profession, elects its board of directors annually. Elected directors and chapter members serve one-year terms beginning on January 1 of each year. Assembly delegates serve three-year terms.
Photos and profiles of the PRSA Hawaii 2023 Board of Directors are available at https://prsahawaii.org/about/leadership/.
ABOUT PRSA HAWAII
Founded more than 75 years ago in 1947, PRSA Hawaii is one of six founding chapters of the Public Relations Society of America. The chapter’s mission is to build value, understanding, and the demand for public relations professionals in Hawaii.
The Hawaii Chapter offers professional development seminars, informational forums, skills workshops, and networking opportunities to public relations professionals of all experience levels and to students across the state. Every year, PRSA Hawaii celebrates the best in Hawaii’s public relations industry with the Koa Anvil Awards for campaigns, tactics and individuals. The organization also supports professionals seeking to earn their Certificate in Principles of Public Relations, Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) or Accreditation in Public Relations + Military Communication (APR+M), and provides two types of scholarships for college students and APR candidates.
PRSA Hawaii is a vibrant organization comprised of an active nucleus on Oahu and more than 70 members across the state. The organization also mentors a Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) chapter at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. For more information, visit www.prsahawaii.org.